International Leader In Functional MedicineBellissimo Medical in Weston, Fla
Poor functioning of our adrenals is primarily caused by chronic stress as well as stimulants such as caffeine. According to studies, around 80 percent of the Western population suffers from adrenal dysfunction at one point in their lives due to stressful environments including pressure at work, isolation from friends and family, and extreme loneliness.
Adrenal fatigue can affect anyone, regardless of age, sex or present health condition. While persons who are already ill are more susceptible to dysfunctional adrenals and thus, adrenal fatigue, those who are in good health can also acquire fatigued adrenals if they are exposed to stressful environments regularly.
Working individuals are those who are most affected by chronic stress and adrenal fatigue. The high demand for optimum performance frequently leads workers to strive more at the expense of their health, and they do not realize that they already are suffering from stress and adrenal malfunction. Indeed it is normal to be tired, but regular, and intermittent exhaustion is different.
Conditions of Adrenal Fatigue
The processes that take place in any chronic disease, from arthritis to cancer, place demands on your adrenal glands. Below is a brief list of some of the conditions related to adrenal fatigue:
- Alcoholism and Addictions
- Autoimmune Disease
- Syndrome X and Burnout
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Infections
- Dental Problems
- Blood Sugar Imbalances
- HIV and Hepatitis C
- Mild Depression
- PMS and Menopause
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sleep Disruptions
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue:
- The tendency to gain weight especially at the waist and inability to lose it.
- High frequency of getting the flu and other respiratory diseases that tend to last longer than usual.
- Reduced sex drive.
- Lightheaded when rising from a laying down position.
- Unable to remember things and unclear thinking
- Lack of energy in the mornings and also in the afternoon between 3 to 5 pm.
- Feel better suddenly for a brief period after a meal.
- Need coffee or stimulants to get going in the morning.
- Crave for salty, fatty, and high protein food such as meat and cheese.
- Increase symptoms of PMS for women; periods are heavy and then stop, or almost stopped on the 4th day, only to start flow again on the 5th or 6th day.
- Pain in the upper back or neck for no apparent reasons.
- Easily startled.
- Decreased ability to handle stress and responsibilities.
- Body Temperature is off balance – hands and feet feel cold, or face feels warm, or hot flashes.
- Unexplained hair loss.
- The tendency to tremble when under pressure.
- Multiple allergies such as asthma, hay fever, skin rashes, eczema, hives, and food sensitivity.
I would like more info
" Dr Nerette and Stephanie have been treating me for several years. They are personable, upbeat, and knowledgeable. They are available by phone and are prompt in returning calls and addressing issues whenever needed. They have helped me through several issues and improved my health, sleep, and well-being. The quality of my life has definitely improved due to their responsive and expert care. I truly feel at least 10 years younger! I wish more women/men would take advantage of their services and also improve their quality of life. "
" I’m so thankful to have found Dr. Nerette after years of “traditional” medicine doctors that did much more harm than help. Dr. Nerette actually took the time to listen and understand, and knew exactly which tests to administer to provide me with “nutraceuticals” that healed my body from all the awful chemical drugs that doctors had prescribed me previously that just masked the symptoms. Dr. Nerette healed me by addressing the root of the problem and enhancing how my body functions. Within months I feel better than I have in years, more than I ever could have imagined! So thank you thank you thank you!!! "
" I was having trouble going through menopause, that is, until I was referred to Dr. Nerette and his partner (both in business and life), his wife, Stephanie. I have begun hormone replacement therapy via pellet and a regimen of vitamins and cannot wait to explore other methods of alternative medicine that they offer. Thank you so much to both of you and your incredible friendly and professional team. You have given me hope to a much happier and healthier lifestyle!!!! "